What can the newly integrated feature of iPhone 4s-Siri do for you? The list below is the not exhaustive command list of iPhone 4s Siri, which would save you from getting the missy robotic Siri response “Sorry. I don’t understand”.
I wouldn’t want to call this as a “Complete list”, because I strongly believe that this list can never ever get exhausted. For me, Siri is merely a newly born cutey baby girl. She is learning all the times from the signal given, and she will definitely grow. Don’t be surprise, if the “Sorry. I don’t understand” response no longer exists anymore in one day. Perhaps, we should call her Aunty Siri at that time.:)
Check Siri Voice Commands
- What can you do?
- Call my wife
- Call Johnny Woo mobile
- Call 012 999 9999
- Call office
- FaceTime my son
Text Messaging (SMS)
- Tell my wife I am going to take dinner with my colleagues
- Tell Dino Saw I’ll be right there
- Send a message to Lim saying how about 2pm
- Tell Lisa the party was great
- Send a message to Lisa on her mobile saying I’ll be late
- Send a message to 012 999 9999
- Text Lawrence and Susan where are you?
- Read my new messages
- Read it again
- Reply I feel so sorry to hear that
- Tell him I’m not joining the dinner
- Call him
- Email my wife about the dinner
- Email Jessica about the change in location
- New email to Edward
- Mail Mum about the medicine
- Email Mr Lee and say I got the agreement, thanks
- Mail Steve and Gates about the dinner and say I had a great time
- Check email
- Any new email from Steve today?
- Show new mail about the agreement A
- Show the email from Mr Lee yesterday
Replying to Emails
- Reply Dear Jessica sorry about the change in location
Maps & Directions
- How do I get home?
- Directions to my wife ’s work
Find a Place
- Find ice-cream house near me
- Where is Coffee Bean?
- Find a restaurant within walking distance
- Good Thai restaurants around here
- What’s Vincent’s address?
- What is John Woo’s phone number?
- When is my mother’s birthday?
- Who is Alfred Yong?
- Show James’s home email address
- Show James Bond
- Find people named Jason Wong
- My dad is SY Wong
- Steven Chow is my brother
- Call my brother at home
- Wake me up tomorrow at 6:30 AM
- Set an alarm for 7:30am
- Wake me up in 2 hours
- Change my 7:30 alarm to 777:45
- Turn off my 7:30 alarm
- Delete my 6:30 alarm
Checking the Clock
- What’s the date this Saturday?
- What time is it?
- What time is it in Sina?
- What is today’s date?
Using a Timer
- Set the timer for 2 minutes
- Show the timer
- Pause the timer
- Reset the timer
- Stop it
- Set up a meeting on Monday at 8am with Jacky to discuss the proposal
- Meet with Jacky at morning
- Set up appointment with my lawyer tomorrow at 9am
- Create new appointment with Samuel on Monday at 10:30am
- Schedule a meeting with Samuel to discuss the agreement
- Create appointment for 9:30am with Max team
- Add Kiky to my calendar for 9:15am
- Reschedule meeting with MH to next Friday at 2:30pm to discuss the proposal
- Add Ken to my meeting with Jacky
- Cancel the proposal meeting with Jacky
- Change meeting with Jacky
- Move my 10:30am meeting to 1:30pm
- Change meeting location with Jacky
- Reschedule meeting with Alvin Tam
Asking about events
- What does the rest of my day look like?
- What’s on my calendar for Monday?
- When is my next meeting?
- When am I meeting with Jacky?
- Will it be raining tomorrow?
- What’s the weather for today?
- What’s the weather for tomorrow?
- Will it rain in Beijing this week?
- Check next week’s forecast for Paris
- What’s the forecast for this evening?
- How’s the weather in Thailand right now?
- How hot will it be in Malaysia this weekend?
- What’s the high for Anchorage on Thursday?
- What’s the temperature outside?
- How windy is it out there?
- When is sunrise in Maldives?
- Note that I spent $10 on dinner
- Note: check out that new Jay Chou album
- Find my restaurant note
- Create a reading list note
- Add Jack to my reading list note
- Remind me to call my wife when I leave the office
- Remember to take my documents
- Remind me take my medicine at 7pm
- Remind me to take my umbrella when I leave here
- Remind me to finish the budget by 3
Find my Friends
- Where’s eehau?
- Where is my brother?
- Is my son at home?
- Where are all my friends?
- Who is here?
- Who is near me?
- Play If We Hold on Together
- Play It’s My Life shuffled
- Play Michael Jackson
- Play some jazz
- Play my party mix
- Shuffle my jogging playlist
- What’s Google ’s stock price?
- What is Google ’s PE ratio?
- What did RenRen close at today?
- How is the Apple doing?
- How are the markets doing?
- What is the Dow at?
- Search the web for TeZeal.com
- Search for Tiramisu recipes
- Search the web for best Maxis plans
- Google the war of 1911 in China
- Search Wikipedia for World War 2
- Search for news about Steve Jobs
- Bing Steve Jobs
Using Wolfram Alpha
- What’s 1000 divided by ten?
- How many calories in a bagel?
- What is an 15% tip on $90.55 for five people?
- How long do cats live?
- What’s the square root of 128?
- How many dollars is €55?
- What was the Best Picture of 1981?
- How many days until Christmas?
- How far away is the Sun?
- When is the next solar eclipse?
- Show me the Orion constellation
- What’s the population of India?
- How high is Mt. Everest?
- How deep is the Atlantic ocean?
- What’s the price of gasoline in Brunei?
- New line
- New paragraph
- Caps on … caps off
- All caps
- All caps on … all caps off
- No caps
- No caps on … no caps off
- Space bar
- No space
- No space on … no space off
- “Period” or “full stop”
- “Ellipsis” or “dot dot dot”
- Double comma
- “Quote” or “quotation mark”
- “Quote … end quote” or “quote … close quote”
- Exclamation point
- Inverted exclamation point
- Question mark
- Inverted question mark
- open parenthesis
- Close parenthesis
- Open bracket
- Close bracket
- Open brace
- Close brace
- Em dash
- Percent sign
- Copyright sign
- Registered sign
- Section sign
- Dollar sign
- Cent sign
- Euro sign
- Yen sign
- Degree sign
- At sign
- Pound sterling sign
- Pound sign
- Greater than sign
- Less than sign
- Forward slash
- Back slash
- Vertical bar
- “Smiley” or “smiley face” or “smile face”
- “Frowny” or “frowny face” or “frown face”
- “Winky” or “winky face” or “wink face”
- e.g. (pronounced as “e g”)
- i.e. (pronounced as “i e”)
Secret Siri Commands
- [Punctuation/symbols/emoticons]. Siri can understand many basic symbols, emoticons and punctuation marks, as long as you say them by the right name. Examples include “open parenthesis”, “close square bracket”, ” “frowney face” (love it!), “new paragraph”, “pound sign”, etc.
- Play playlist . Siri will play not just a song, but a whole playlist for you.
- Find all email by [contact]. Siri will give you a short list of emails from the contact you ask for.
- What’s on my calendar for [date]. Siri will show you all your appointments for today, tomorrow, next Monday, or February 28 (2012) if you ask nicely.
- Search [Bing/Yahoo]. If Google’s not your cup of tea, Siri will search the competition for you.
- Search [Google/Bing/Yahoo] for [specialized information] [time] [place]. Whether you want the latest scores, show times, etc., if you phrase it just right, Siri can often find it for you.
- Who was in the cast of [movie]: Siri can tell you the name of that actor you know you’ve seen before but just can’t remember.
- Delete all alarms: Siri will delete all alarms, not just individual ones, in case you never want to be woken up again! (I found this by accident on Rene’s phone. Shhhh!)
- Message [Social network] [Status]. If you’ve set it up on Twitter, Facebook, or another social network that lets you update via SMS, Siri will message your status right to it.
- Restart. Siri will re-spring the Springboard. It’s not a full reboot, but it’s faster.