Have you gave it a try on the new Microsoft Windows 8 consumer preview?
You could now theme up the upcoming released, Windows 8 on your current Windows 7 PC with the aid of Windows 8 UX Pack 4.0. The developer of the UX pack, WindowsXLive, brings you the unique and exclusive feature of Windows 8 such as logon screen, start screen, aero’s aura coloration to transform and refresh your windows into the sleek design, and of course, the important stuff you don’t want to miss out – interactive user tiles!
The best thing of using the theme is that it only modify the feel and the look of your windows, neither overloading your computer performance nor scrambling your inner part of the OS. This is certainly a great way to test out the Windows 8 without compromising your computer performance.
Theming up an OS is usually tedious and complicated for most of us (well, certainly not a big deal for a geek like me) who does not really know how to mess with it. This is not the case for Windows 8 UX pack 4.0 where it can be done easily. Its installation should be finished within minutes and just a few clicks and you are off to go. Configuration for it is simple and straightforward, like logon screen, desktop wallpaper, and enable/disable some of the Windows 8 features as you wish.
Upon installation, there are three theme for you to choose (which is Windows Aero, Aero Lite and Metro). The Metro Start UI is already well configured with some gadgets. You could see the changes immediately after you finish setting it up without rebooting your computer. On the other hand, uninstalling it will remove the theme straight and revert to your default Windows theme.
Features of Windows 8 UX Pack 4.0
- Instantly dress up Windows 7 to upcoming Windows 8 in one minute
- Seamless installation and uninstallation giving user’s confidence and security in system
- Easily configurable in single click with intelligence Metro UI design
- UxStyle memory patching
- Windows 8 Aero, Aero Lite or Metro theme
- Instant Consumer Preview wallpaper/logon screen customization
- Start Orb rebuilt from original resources with authentic orb from Windows 8 resources
- UserTile with current user auto-configured on login
- Metro UI desktop emulation with pre-configured gadgets
- Aero’s auto-colorization feature
The Windows 8 UX pack 4.0, however, requires Microsoft .NET framework 4.0. It is recommended to install the .NET framework before installing the transformation pack. At the moment, the UX pack is only support Windows 7.
[Download Link] Windows 8 UX Pack 4.0
[Download Link] Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 for 32-bit Windows 7